-
March 31st, 2001, 10:50 AM
#31
Inactive Member
Arrogance rules, when ignorance surfaces. 
-Ryan-
-
March 31st, 2001, 10:59 AM
#32
Inactive Member
Yah Sheepdog is right on!! "Larry is bashing so lets be an extension of his arrogance and join the fun" It's funny when he bashes close friends on the BBS sometimes. The lates was his statement about Jeff at Atomic racing???
-
March 31st, 2001, 01:11 PM
#33
Inactive Member
everybody is always talking about,"dont ever ask the same question twice." or it'll piss somebody off.And dont ask a fuckin' question if you dont know the fuckin' answer.well this makes alot of sense.if i already knew something regarding a certain topic, then i wouldnt have asked in the first place.i would have to say that probably 75% of the people that ask questions do not understand jack shit about motors or how they work.I used to be in that 75%,but now after about 4-5 years of research and "asking questions",sometimes twice,i have alot more of an understanding on how things work.If some of the non-believers out there dont understand this concept,take a look at some of your previous post from say,1 to 2 years ago.I bet you'll be like,"holy shit",i was asking that stupid ass question.i understand some people may never understand how things work and will always ask the million dollar question,"HOW DO I GET MY AIR FILTER OFF,CUZ IM REBUILDING MY MOTOR IN MY GARAGE."if you see this,then you know he's gonna be asking dumb questions for the next 2 months."OK,FILTER OFF, NOW, HOW DO I GET THE INTAKE TUBE OFF ?" Dont get me wrong,some people might not want to sit there and walk this poor schmuck thru every step by step procedure.But some people do help others out with step by step instructions on how to do something.and both parties will benefit from this.1 asks questions and the other helps with informative answers.both parties satisfied.end of discussion.BOARDS WERE DESIGNED TO HELP THOSE IN NEED,AND IF ANYONE THINKS OTHERWISE,WELL,THEN THEY DONT NEED TO BE ON ANY BOARD.
THATS ALL I GOTS TA SAY ON DIS TOPIC.
OUT.
-
March 31st, 2001, 02:40 PM
#34
Inactive Member
Yeah, but I agree that if it's simple stuff that's covered in a Helms manual, the question shouldn't be asked.
I think that your example is so simple that the manual doesn't even cover it.
-
March 31st, 2001, 02:52 PM
#35
Inactive Member
BOARDS WERE CREATED TO HELP PEOPLE.
BUT
LARRY'S BOARD WAS CREATED TO GIVE LARRY A PLATFORM TO EDUCATE PEOPLE.
Its not just any fucking honda web board.
-
March 31st, 2001, 11:07 PM
#36
Inactive Member
90Teg, you just keep proving what an idiot you can be, sheesh. I melted two pistons making a .wav file for you guys to hear on a hot day after I disconnected the J&S almost and turned the timing retard nearly off. We were testing some things out. Unlike you, I was actually in a fast car, trying to pick up more data points, wav files and learning. That takes balls, no one here has had a high HP car that didn't brake in some way or another. THe only reason I didn't keep going was due to the fact FWD has limitations for high WHP acceleration on the street. I decided a Endyn modified LS1 would be the right choice BUT from that point, it's none of your dumb ass business. Think a little before you talk out of your ass. This will be my last post here for sure. Anyone who needs me can find me at [email protected]
-
April 1st, 2001, 12:30 AM
#37
Inactive Member
I think it's fair to bash about people who are giving out inaccurate information, especially if they're coming on as a source of sure knowledge on a subject.
Most forums aren't owned by racing businesses either. If the forum is owned by it's members, they can make their own rules.
-
April 1st, 2001, 05:44 AM
#38
Senior Hostboard Member
I don't agree with public bashing whether it is justifiable or not... it just isn't fair. The real danger with the Internet is that it is NOT personable... and we are all shielded by our own home/office... thus, we can be more free (liberal or uninhibited) with our feelings. Usually when this occurs, feelings get hurt and reputations get tarnished.
I do agree with Silvino about one thing...
This board was full of people who wanted to help each other when I first found it last year... there seems to be alot more bandwidth being spend bitching and moaning about things and people that are simply NOT PRODUCTIVE these days.
I think we should all personally make a concentrated effort to get things back to the way that they used to be...
Isn't the real reason that we are here is to learn and help each other find ways to make our IMPORT cars go faster and be more enjoyable ???
Jim
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
April 1st, 2001, 08:54 AM
#39
Inactive Member
He should just turn it into what it is named "BBS". That way, only the people in his area code could ask the same questions. All the rest would pay long distance rates to access his server.
-
April 1st, 2001, 08:37 PM
#40
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Isn't the real reason that we are here is to learn and help each other find ways to make our IMPORT cars go faster and be more enjoyable ???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, absolutely! at least that what i'm here for.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks